Whether you’re considering having a CoolSculpting procedure in the near future or if you’ve recently had one of these incredible body sculpting treatments, you know the importance of maintaining your weight right now. The holidays bring about a bevy of temptations, so if you need some help getting through them without tipping the scale, try some of the excellent strategies below.
1. Take the focus off food. Sometimes it seems like the holidays revolve around fat-laden holiday meals and parties with overflowing buffet tables. Instead, focus your holiday celebrations on family and friends rather than food. Plan some holiday activities that aren’t all about a meal, whether it’s taking the young ones to see Santa, going on a hike or making a snow man.
2. Keep moving. While most people slack off during the holidays, buck that tradition and stick to your exercise regimen. If you’re not currently exercising, there is no better time to start. If you’ve recently had a body contouring treatment, Instead of sitting around wondering “Does CoolSculpting work?” do something about it and work out. This is the best way to maintain your results and will help compensate for some of the extra calories you’re consuming.
3. Master the art of the polite “no.” If you’re tempted but what’s being offered is not really one of your favorite holiday treats, or if you’ve already maxed out on calories, don’t be afraid to politely pass.
4. Don’t skip meals. While it’s tempting to skip breakfast and lunch when you know dinner is going to be a big one, don’t fall into this trap. “Banking” calories is a disaster-in-the-making—chances are you’ll completely overeat when you do sit down to a meal. A healthy diet is essential for maintaining CoolSculpting results, so eat a healthy breakfast and lunch so you won’t be starving when you arrive at an event or holiday meal.
5. Hit the parties later. Don’t make excuses—simply tell the host that you won’t be able to make it for dinner, but will be at the event afterward.
Use these strategies to get through the holidays without gaining extra weight. If you’ve already had a treatment, you’ll be that much closer to finding out for yourself the answer to the question, “Does CoolSculpting work?” Staying in line with a healthy diet will help you maintain results and feel healthier overall.